While the majority of our members are residents of the Lanark County Ontario area, many live at considerable distance, maintaining an interest in their Lanark County roots, enjoying the benefits of membership wherever possible.
Some membership benefits include:
- Nine free monthly meetings which include a feature speaker, educational sessions, Researchers Networking Groups
- Six issues of our newsletter the “Lanark Log”
- Meet our Director of Library and Research Administration and access to the Society’s extensive Genealogy Resource Centre for personal research.
- Assistance by volunteers who dedicate their research expertise to the Library/Resource Centre
- Meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn new search sources available, techniques and tips to research, and share family history and stories.
- Soon to be added: Members Only section on our website will includes meeting agenda, speaker summaries, meeting handouts, and other documents of interest to our member
- Posting family names to our Surname Research database.
- One free query in “Lanark Log” annually
- Free query and advisory services.
- Network with others researching family on-line through our Facebook page
Opportunities to meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn to research, document, preserve and share family history.