Interested in becoming a member of our Society? Benefits and perks are only one good reason to join or renew your membership!
While many of our members are residents of the Lanark County Ontario area, many live at a considerable distance, maintaining an interest in their Lanark County roots, and enjoying the benefits of membership wherever possible.
Some membership benefits/rewards include:
● Society digitized documents and family histories
● “The Lanark Log” Newsletter bi-monthly publication by the Society
● The option to research through various online resources such as ancestry.com, MyHeritage, and more
● Cost savings for DNA Kits
● Quarterly newsletter “The Scoop” from LCGS young researchers.
● Free attendance to monthly speaker series as well as the special guests for Lanark County and Beckwith Township promotional Heritage events.
● Free admission to the Society’s select unique events
● Free liaison with Society’s Heritage and Genie Mentors.
● Ability to share research through the LCGS Newsletter and Social Media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
● Ability to make inquiries through the LCGS Newsletter and Social Media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
● Ability to contribute to the society’s planned publication
● Access to the societies Genealogy Resource Centre; Archives Lanark team at Drummond Centre, Lanark County Museums network, Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives, Anglican Diocese of Ottawa, Library and Archives Canada
- Meet our Director of Library and Research Administration and access to the Society’s extensive Genealogy Resource Centre for personal research.
- Assistance by volunteers who dedicate their research expertise to the Library/Resource Centre
- Meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn new search sources available, techniques and tips to research, and share family history and stories.
- Have access to our Members Only section on our website will include meeting agenda, speaker summaries, meeting handouts, and other documents of interest to our member
- Posting family names to our Surname Research database.
- One free query in “Lanark Log” annually
- Free query and advisory services.
- Network with others researching family online through our Socal Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram. Twitter and LinkedIn pages
Opportunities to meet friendly people who share common interests and want to help others learn to research, document, preserve and share family history.
Lanark County Genealogical Society members have periodically asked to provide them with ways to collaborate with each other. The Society Board of Directors decided to act on their request and build a “members only” section on our website with frequently requested features such as the LCGS Newsletters and a Digitized Document Library. More features will be added over time.
Across this section of the website, there is an increasing number of pages that can only be viewed by current Lanark County Genealogical Society members. Whilst everyone is welcome to use this site, the Society’s Executive and Board of Directors believe it is essential that members should have access to more information than non-members.
If you are a paid-up member of the Society but have not yet applied for a log-on and password, please use the link below to apply for access. When completing the form please quote your membership number and your email address used to receive our “Lanark Log” newsletter.