New additions to our collections will appear here . Come back often to see what’s new, or get a taste of what’s available in our bookcases.
“The pursuit of family history and origins tends to be shaped by several motivations, including the desire to carve out a place for one’s family in the larger historical picture, a sense of responsibility to preserve the past for future generations, and a sense of self-satisfaction in accurate storytelling” Ronald Bishop, “In the Grand Scheme of Things: An Exploration of the Meaning of Genealogical Research,” Journal Of Popular Culture 2008 41(3): 393–412.
- 2 cd videos titled Almonte’s InterWoven Past and Almonte: Transitions productions by Robert T. Newton and Sharon D. Newton
- Margaret Miller fonds: Artifacts, photos, newspaper clippings, and all of Margaret’s research conducted over 35 years on the Family of Daniel Pretty and Margaret Wark
- Publication: A two-volume set titled Irish in Canda. Donor the Rava family of Carleton Place
- Heritage wedding dresses (3) period in history 1920s and 1960s.
- Publication: Descendants of Adolphus Lesway &Susan(Berry) Lesway; Family History and a few of the surnames found among the Pages: Lesway; Ford; Simmons; Henderson: Montgomery; Nicols; Montgomery; McRae and more. Donor James Henderson from Pakenham ON
- Publication: Henderson Family Reunion June 26, 1993. Donor James Henderson from Pakenham ON
- Holy Fairs and Pioneer Presbyterian Ministers in Lanark County. Author Marianne Tripp Punshon, Australia
- Lanark County Crampton Family Bible with limited family inscriptions, plus Artifacts, antique quilt blocks, tatting, needlepoints and lace etc
- Lanark County (Lanark Highlands) James Manarey & Isabella family photos
- Book (Digitized) – Emigration to Canada Narrative of a Voyage to Quebec, a Journey from Thence to New Lanark in Upper Canada. Author John McDonald Seventh Edition: Edinburgh 1825
- Book (Digitized) History of Prospect. Author Wilda Porter (Beckwith Township Lanark County ON)
- “Family Chronicle Magazines covering the first edition Sept 1996 to present received from Norm Hooper
- Walter Brown collection of Books (various titles)..cataloging underway
- Historic Carleton Place, prepared by the Carleton Place Local Architectural Conversation Advisory Committee
- Settlers’ Traditions, author Herbert Milnes 1980
- From Little Towns-Millers of Lanark County
- Kerfoot Family Bible which was donated for perpetuity to the Township of Beckwith as this bible is from one of the township earliest settlers families – “William Kerfoot” of the Prospect area. Received from a Salvation Army Thrift Store in British Columbia
- The Henry Shaw collection: 20 volume collection of Walter Scott novels (written 1814-1831) received from Nora Comeau a direct descendant
- Various Lanark County Telephone Directories
- Yarn Winder 1845 which was donated for perpetuity to the Middleville Museum as this yarn winder is from one of the Darling Township’s early settler families – “John Munro and Marian McKay” of the Munro Line. Received from Jayne Munro-Ouimet a direct descendant